To: HSA-Houston Students and Families
From: Dr. White, Assistant Principal
Date: July 13, 2021
Subject: Student Dress Code Reminders
Harmony Science Academy-Houston Dress Code is an important part of our school culture and climate. Our goal is to always provide an environment that is free of distractions, safe, orderly and conducive to the learning of our scholars. Below of this memo, you will find a few reminders regarding Harmony Science Academy-Houston Dress Code.
- Khaki, Blue, or Black Pant must be free of holes, rips, cuts, graffiti, and must be worn at the waist (no sagging). If a belt is needed to hold jeans up, one must be worn.
- Jeans are only allowed to be worn on Friday’s and they must be free of holes, graffiti, and must be worn at the waist (no sagging). If a belt is needed to hold jeans up, one must be worn.
- Shorts may not be worn at any given time during the academic school year.
- Uniform Shirts (long/short sleeve) must be worn every day unless indicated by an administrator.
- Hoodies/Jackets are allowed, but cannot be worn on the head while inside the school building. School uniform shirt must be worn even with the hoodie.
- Inappropriate Apparel such as pajamas or clothing representing drugs, tobacco, alcohol, gangs, violence or are crude, suggestive or divisive in words or pictures may not be worn at any time while on campus, field trips, college fair, etc…
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Bedroom slippers, sandals, Crocs, flip-flops and heels are not allowed.
- Class/Spirit shirts or any clothing designed to represent HSA-Houston or an organization at HSA-Houston must be approved by administration before it is sold or worn on school grounds.
- Athletic uniforms may not be worn during the instructional day unless approved by the administration.
- Items not allowed on campus: blankets used as outerwear, caps, hats and other attire that is distracting to the learning environment.
Please help support our rules and policies, thereby facilitating your student(s) growth as learners, citizens and young adults. We ask that you speak with your student(s) about the policy and guidelines and please consider these expectations when shopping for clothing or evaluating their day to day dressing and grooming habits. If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 713-492-0214 or firstname.lastname@example.org, whereas I can verbally validate what is written herein. Thank you for your support of this effort and we look forward to seeing and working with you during the 2021-2022 academic school year.