- Connect to your students in Schoology. Make sure you have your child’s unique 12-digit code Parent Access Code available to set up your account. You only need to do this one time for each child. You can request this code from one of the teachers of your child or from the school admins.
How to Create a Parent Account:
Video Directions Written Directions 1 Written Directions 2
REGISTRASE COMO PADRES para obtener una cuenta de Schoology nueva. Use el código de acceso para quedar automáticamente asociado a su hijo. (Video- Registrase Como Padres)
Note: Harmony employees must create a personal Schoology account with their personal email. Use the Linking Account Instructions to toggle between your personal and professional account.
- Setup Your Notifications to customize your Schoology experience and receive updates about your child’s grades and activity in Schoology. Don’t forget to add your phone number to receive customized push notifications.
- Get the Schoology App on your device: Schoology also has a convenient mobile app that can be downloaded and used on mobile phones, tablets, and iPads! This app can be found in the iTunes and Google Play stores. Video Directions Written Instructions
- Have Your Schoology Account? Watch these short videos to create the best user experience.
- How to use Schoology? Video Link 1 Video Link 2 Written Instructions
- Do you want to explore More? Parent Guide Written Instructions
- Schoology Basics for Students: English Spanish
What Should I Expect in Schoology?
- Access to digital assignment submissions in Schoology directly through the grade book.
- Note Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, etc. are not viewable to parents because Google access is restricted to students and teachers)
- The learning experience delivered through the platform.
- Your child’s activity in the course, including but not limited to:
- Submitted and missing assignments
- Posts (text and media) your child created
- Classroom communication such as announcements about assignments and classroom updates
- How do I see my child’s Live Session Zoom Links and Schedule?
You can see your child’s schedules from Skyward. Zoom Links will be shared from Schoology.
- When submitting assignments, what file types does Schoology support?
While there is no limit to the number of files you can attach to materials in Schoology, you must upload each file individually. Schoology has a size limit of 512 MB per file.
Supported file types
*.jpg, *.gif, *.png, *.jpeg
Media (audio and/or video)
*.flv, *.mp4, *.mp3, *.mov, *.m4v, *.m4a, *.3gp, *.3g2, *m2v, *.avi, *.mpg, *.asf, *.wma, *.wmv, *.wm, *.swf, *.rm, *.caf
*.doc *.docx, *.pdf, *.ppt, *.xls
Mac OS/iOS Users: Apple Pages (*.pages) files are not currently supported. Please export Apple Pages documents as PDF to ensure your assignments are accessible to your teacher.